Sunday, June 13, 2010

At what point do you just give up?




I don't mean being a wife, mom, friend, sister, daughter - or anything like that. I'm referring to picking up Nolan's toys. Seriously, when did he inherit so many toys? I literally have given up, and have decided that once a week is plenty. Why pick them up every night when Nolan just brings them all back out again to play with when we get home from daycare? I don't like the mess, but there is only so much I can do.

Last week was a big week for Nolan. We discovered he's getting 2 more molars, bringing that grand total to 3. He is a drooling machine, and everything is going in his mouth for him to chew on. We really need to watch him, because he also likes to walk around with those same items in his mouth. Not too safe if he falls! On Tuesday when Adam dropped Nolan off at daycare, he found out from Jane that her grandson (who is at daycare part-time) had chicken pox. Nolan hasn't been vaccinated yet (we were waiting for his 15 month check-up), so there is a chance he might get it. Bad timing, with Paulette and Ryan's wedding only 6 days away! Ellen did some research for us, and based on that recommended we get Nolan in to be vaccinated. Adam took him in Thursday, and apparantly Nolan handled it like the trooper he is - squawked a little, and was fine once Adam picked him up. I felt guilty not being able to be there for him, but I worked a lot of long hours last week and couldn't get away. Here's hoping he doesn't get the "pox". I had them when I was 10 yrs old, and I remember how bad they itched and how uncomfortable I was! On Friday when I picked up Nolan I found out that he received his very first kiss. That's right - only 14 months old and he's already a ladies man! Aubrey, who is 1 month older than Nolan, tracked him down, stared at him for a few seconds, and then went in for a big open mouth kiss on the lips. As Adam said - "that's my boy!".

We were actually around all weekend, and it was wonderful. It rained all day on Saturday, so we stuck around the house and played with Nolan. We did make a quick trip over to Greg and Ellen's so Nolan could get his pants hemmed for the wedding next weekend. We left with the cool red recliner Nolan is sitting on in the above picture (it was Adam's when he was little!). Nolan has a new kitchen to play with, courtesy of Ellen and Greg, and he just loves it. Both Nolan and I took a nap Saturday afternoon. I haven't taken a nap for a while, and I forgot how wonderful it is! Today we stayed around the house, too, and played all day, except for Nolan's 2 1/2 hour nap. I did manage to get to the grocery store and finish all the laundry. Adam got the ice maker working again, mowed, trimmed and raked the yard, cleaned the AC unit, and went through a bunch of old high school and college stuff he brought back to our from his parent's house. He seemed to really enjoy the trip down memory lane!

This week is going to fly by, as we get ready to celebrate the big wedding on Saturday. I have a pedicure and hair appointment on Tuesday, Adam has softball on Wednesday and happy hour on Thursday, and we're leaving Friday morning around 9:30 to head up to the farm to drop off Ellen and Nolan. Ellen and Greg are being very generous with their time and are taking care of Nolan for us all day on Friday and Saturday, since both Adam and I are in the wedding. Hopefully he'll be really good for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment