Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our little sponge


It's amazing how quickly Nolan is picking up things we say and do these days! In the last few weeks he's become really observant, and does his very best to verbalize and imitate what we're doing. A few examples: rub the belly (his, not mine), blanket, please, outside and goodnight. He's also mastered the art of shaking his head "yes" when he wants something, and "no" when he doesn't. I have to say that skill is really coming in handy! Today at daycare Jane taught him where his nose is, too. I guess we really need to start paying attention to our words and actions, otherwise they will come back to haunt us!

The poor kid is getting to be more and more like me - he loves his routine! In the morning when I get him up, the first thing he does is hand me his blanket, stand up so I can take him out of the crib, and then he walks over to the bathroom door to knock on it and yell "hi dad". As soon as Adam opens the door he does his surprised look and runs in to give him a hug! At bedtime we let him pick out 2 books to read. Yes, I said we let him pick them out, because he has a very strong opinion about what books we read to him, and if what we pick isn't to his liking he needs to pick them out himself. His favorite book is a Santa book from Christmas, and after reading it every night for a week we finally decided the book had to "take a vacation" from the bookshelf. It was pretty sad last night as Nolan looked and looked for it, but couldn't find it. Oh well - he's found a few new favorites! As soon as we turn out his lamp and start to say prayers, he grabs his blanket, sticks his thumb in his mouth, and is ready for bed. His parting words to me now are a version of goodnight. Oh - I don't want to forget to note that one of Nolan's favorite foods these days is tuna noodle casserole. I know, really random, but we can't feed it to him fast enough!

We had our 28 week dr. appointment on Monday. Everything's looking good. In fact, I'm measuring "big" - which means 1 week early. I measured that same way with Nolan, and I went a week late, so I don't put a whole lot of value on that! Starting with our next appointment I'll be heading to the dr. every 2 weeks.

I feel pretty good about getting everything ready for the wedding this weekend. The speech is written, the dress fitted, and Nolan's pants are hemmed. I made a list this time, so I don't forget anything. It's amazing how much planning needs to be done for a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment