Monday, June 7, 2010

A day at the beach


Adam arrived home from his 5 day vacation to the Boundary Waters and Deerwood yesterday afternoon. As you can see in the picture, Nolan was very busy taking care of the yard while Adam was away. Nolan was pretty excited to see his dad (and so was I!), and didn't want to be too far away from him. We took advantage of the nice weather and took Nolan to a beach on Lake Minnetonka for some sun and sand fun. Nolan is walking really well, but the sand was a bit tough for him to walk on his own. Adam did a great job helping him out, and took him out to "swim". Nolan thought it was great, splashing and watching all the big boats drive by us. He also like the feel of wet sand on his hands and feet. I took advantage of the my time in the sun to work on what little tan I have for Paulette and Ryan's wedding in a few weeks! After we were done at the beach we went to pick up the sandbox we bought on Saturday. I'm super excited for him to use it. He loves playing in the sand, and it will be nice that we don't always have to go somewhere else for him to play in it!

This morning's wake up call with Nolan was pretty darn funny. I heard him start talking early, around 5:30. We ignored him and he fell back asleep, until 6:15. I went in to his room to get him out of his crib. He looked at me, smiled, stood up and in the process of handing me his blanket, he said "here you go" to me. Seriously! It is so weird to have a very little person talking to you! I told him thank you while I was laughing, and he said "thank you" back to me. It's amazing what he picks up on without us even realizing it! I certainly do realize how often I must say some things, though, as he repeats them back to me now.

Nolan has been waking up from his sleep sometime in the first 1-3 hours for the last 3 nights, and we couldn't figure out why - until tonight. I finally had him giggling on his changing table tonight after a rough dinner episode. Adam was changing him in to his pj's and looked in his mouth. We discovered his 2nd one year molar is breaking through his gums. Poor kid! Teething is a tough thing. But, it explains why he's waking up in the evening, not napping real well, and has a runny nose. Hopefully it will just break through and stay down. We don't want to prolong it!

No comments:

Post a Comment