Tuesday, May 17, 2011

8 months ago . . .


Not so little Kale entered our world! He is a little crazy man these days. We can hardly hold on to him anymore - we are just one big climbing gym for him. If you do get to hold on to him he constantly kicks his legs and arms - he just wants to move! He crawls super fast now on all 4's - literally, in a blink of an eye is across the room and down the hall! He is getting better at pulling himself up on things, and we probably need to lower his crib to the lowest level sooner rather than later! We are struggling again with him spitting up quite a bit, mostly after his bottles. We're going to try and wait until his 9 month appointment to follow up with the dr.


Mr. Nolan is developing more and more in to a toddler. He has very strong opinions on everything these days. He is starting a very bad habit of waking up around 5:30 every day and letting himself out of his room. Most days we just put him back to bed - except for this week. I can hear his glow worm coming down the stairs and he shows up at the bathroom door downstairs as soon as I'm out of the shower. Tomorrow I'm going to actually take him back up to bed and we're going to try and keep him in his room until at least 6:15. He is so excited to get up every morning, eat his toast and an egg (his request), and then run around with his head cut off. By the time we get him home from daycare his is exhausted until we get him to bed.

Adam and his dad installed a free swingset in our front yard last night. Nolan saw it this morning and was so excited - "I see a wing and a side"! He didn't want to come in the house after daycare, so Adam put Kale in the swing and Nolan got to climb up and go down the slide. That wasn't enough for Nolan, though - he kept telling Adam "it's my turn". Adam would take Kale out of the swing, put him on a blanket and Nolan would get his turn. The nice thing about putting Kale on the blanket is that he doesn't like the feeling of the grass on his legs and hands, so he acutally stays in one place!

Last week was a very busy week. Adam and I had a fun experience at the Twins game on Tuesday, getting to see a pretty major storm roll through the cities and drop some significant hail at the field. We are so lucky Ellen could pick up the kids from daycare and watch them for us so we could have fun! I got to enjoy an evening of fun on Thursday - getting a pedicure, manicure and an evening out to eat with Jackie. Friday night was the rehearsal for Lindsey and Mike's wedding, so Jackie and Mikayla came over to watch the kids for us. Saturday morning I started my day with a hair appoinment at 9, and then enjoyed helping Lindsey and her wedding party with preparations for her big day. The weather wasn't the greatest, but they got some really great pictures at Edinburogh and the church. The reception was at the Carlson towers, and it was beautiful. Minus a minor fall on my part at the church and a huge blister on my little toe from my shoes, I had a fantastic time! Lindsey was gorgeous, the dance was great, and the little after party at Redstone was a blast. Paulette and Ryan spent the afternoon and evening watching the kids, and even stayed overnight so we didn't have a curfew! Sunday morning was a little tough, but a nice 3 1/2 mile walk with the kids cured me.


This week is a little slower, minus last night when I met up with some friends for dinner, and plans that I have tomorrow night. Nolan and Adam are heading up to the farm this weekend to help with final preparations for the barn dance. Kale and I are staying in town - he has his last swimming lesson, and then our babysitter is coming over so I can go to Melissa's baby shower with Jackie. The only other thing I need to do is take Kale to get fitted for his first pair of real shoes. He is trying to take steps while standing so he needs a lot more support. Hopefully the weather will be nice so I can get him out for a walk, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment