Sunday, May 22, 2011

For the love of Elvis

Adam has taught Nolan many things, but his latest and greatest is Nolan's affection for Elvis music. It all started at Nolan's first Christmas - Grandma Ellen and Grandpa Greg gave Nolan a singing Elvis Teddy Bear that sang 2 songs - "Christmas" and "Teddy Bear". Now every time Nolan is getting ready to drive with Adam he asks to listen to Elvis. He's such a funny little boy!
On Thursday when I picked up the kids from Jane's house Nolan came running over to me and said "I eat M&M cuz I go potty". He is doing so well with potty training - at daycare. I asked him if he would like to try going potty more at home so he could get more M&M's, but he said no. He has quite an opinion about things these days. He is also working very hard on putting together complete sentences. It's amazing to watch him think before he talks so that he can get out what he really wants to say. Oh, and another great turn of events - he's eating really well, and even trying a few veggies every now and again. I think he's going through another growth spurt.

Kale is finding more and more freedom every day. He is pulling himself up on everything. Yesterday morning I found him standing in his crib, chewing on the same side of it that Nolan used to chew on. Ugh! He is gone in a blink of an eye, and is pulling open every drawer he can get his hands. Hopefully he'll learn to stop doing that - but probably not until he slams his fingers in one of them! He quickly mastered the small stairs in our basement this weekend, and he's pretty proud of himself every time he climbs up them. He is getting super loud, too. This morning I woke up to him chit chatting, and after about 25 minutes he decided to scare the living daylights out of me by screaming at the top of his lungs, like he was hurt. I ran in to his room, and he was just standing there, wanting attention. I've spent most of the weekend running around after him, trying to make sure he doesn't get hurt:)


Last Wednesday night my dad was honored as an inductee in to the Browerville High School athletic hall of fame. What an honor for him - 37 years of teaching (retired last year), coached many different sports, and started the summer rec program. It was a fun night. All my sisters were able to attend, too. It was strange for me to think that the kids who were sophomores weren't even born when I graduated from high school.

Adam and Nolan are at the farm this weekend, helping with final preparatinos for the barn dance next weekend. I stayed home with Kale and took him to his last swimming lesson. He rocked it out, scooping and kicking the water like crazy! Our babysitter came over so I could attend a baby shower in the afternoon. Afer I got home from that Kale and I went shoe shopping together. He is the proud new owner of size 4 1/2 shoes! Nolan didn't get his first pair of real shoes until he was 10 months old - and he was only a size 4! Kale just turned 8 months old last week. If he keeps growing at this rate he will be as big as Nolan before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment