Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy 8 month birthday!



Nolan turned 8 months old last week! It is crazy how kids change your life in a way that makes it hard to remember life without them. Don't get me wrong, I still have fond memories of making last minute plans without having to find a babysitter, and sleeping in on the weekends - but both Adam and I agree that Nolan has definitely added to our lives!

Speaking of Nolan, he seems to get funnier every day. He is a talker, and it's fun to get him home from daycare because it almost seems as if he's trying to tell us about his day! Last Saturday morning he woke up and was saying "waa waa waa", which is new. My sister Christianne spent a little time with Nolan on Saturday morning and she swears that when he was holding his red ball he was saying "raa baa" - which is close to red ball. Adam and I have heard him say things, but for the most part I think we make it up to make us feel good! Nolan is not quite crawling yet, but when we get him from his crib in the morning he's usually on his hands and knees, practicing for his next big step. On our most list of things to do is lower his crib bed. Who knows what kinds of things he does when we're sleeping, and we'd rather be safe than sorry!

Last weekend I spent Saturday and Sunday with my mom and sisters in St. Cloud to celebrate my mom's birthday - which was in September! We had a fantastic time shopping, eating, drinking and generally just being merry. After spending the previous 2 weekends alone with Nolan I needed a one night breather! My mom got most of her Christmas shopping done, which was the goal. I still have quite a list to tackle, but it will have to wait until at least next week! Thursday we're spending the day with Adam's family in Shakopee at Anna and Josh's house. Thursday night Chris, Sasha and Jackson are coming to our house to stay for a few nights. I have to work on Friday, so Sasha is going to watch the little boys while the big boys (aka Chris and Adam) go goose hunting. Adam is also playing in his annual turkey bowl football game Friday afternoon. Somewhere in between all that we need to cook 2-21 lb. turkeys for Saturday. We're hosting Adam's extended family on his mom's side, and we're expecting 29 people! We're looking forward to it, but we have a lot to do before then. The list is hanging on the fridge as a daily reminder to stay motivated:)

No comments:

Post a Comment