Monday, November 16, 2009

Temper tantrums already?


I know, I know. You must be thinking "how could that be?" Trust me, it's true!

Nolan and I spent the weekend in Mankato with the Jones' family while Adam was away for the 2nd weekend of deer hunting. He slept the whole way down on Friday night and had a great day Saturday - he slept for an hour and a half in the stroller at the mall! Yesterday was a different story, though. Somehow our not-so-little baby has decided that he is going to tell me loud and clear when something isn't to his liking - maybe he doesn't like the toy he's playing with, or what's for dinner, or the shirt he's wearing - I don't know. But I do know he's mastered the art of screaming for what he wants or doesn't want. And it's very loud. I guess I was naive in thinking this type of thing wouldn't happen until he was older! Last week I thought he was acting up because of his new bottom tooth, but I'm pretty sure he's discovered that if he yells loud enough that someone (i.e. me or Adam) will respond to his request rather quickly - just to make the yelling and screaming stop:) Last night I didn't know what else to do with him so he went to bed at 6:10 pm - and promptly fell asleep and slept until 6:20 this morning.

Lalayna was pretty funny this weekend. I sometimes forget what it's like to be around little girls. She's 3 and is way in to pink, princesses and baby dolls. I think the funniest thing she said to me all weekend was when Christianne told her she could stay up late. She came running over to me and announced, "My mom said I could stay up early tonight!". So funny. She also loves to play kitchen/restaurant, and let me tell you - I had some fabulous tea!

Adam was skunked again deer hunting this weekend, but his dad shot a buck on Sunday morning. The funny thing about the fact he's hunting at the farm and not seeing anything is that a few minutes ago he went in to our backyard to get the tarp out of the shed and there was a doe sleeping in our backyard. Adam left her alone, went in the shed, came back out and she was just standing there, looking at him. Too bad we don't live where he could shoot from our yard!

Last Wednesday I had a job fair at UMD. On the way home I heard an ad on the radio in my rental car about a great deal on turkey's at Walmart - only 40 cents/lb.! I knew there was a Super Walmart on the way home, so I stopped. I called Adam but he didn't pick up. When he called me back a few minutes later he asked what I was doing. He was very surprised to hear that I was walking out of Walmart with 42 lbs. of turkey - and an Adrian Peterson jersey for Nolan! Random. We will certainly have a Thanksgiving feast with that much turkey!

The picture of Nolan is him showing off his "model pose". He likes to lay around on his side and balance. He's getting better at pulling himself in to a sitting position, and he's figuring out how to move from a sitting position to a crawling/laying position. I swear on Friday night after I was done feeding him he looked at me and said "up". I'm sure he doesn't know what that means, but it was pretty amazing to hear him say it. He's definitely learning more and more sounds every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment