Monday, November 9, 2009

A hunting we will go . . .













I should clarify - not we, just Adam. While he had fun at deer camp, there were no deer to be had - at least for the first weekend of deer hunting. Nolan and I, on the other hand, saw deer in our yard on Saturday and Sunday. I guess that means Adam should just hunt here, right?

Nolan and I survived the first weekend of deer hunting together with just a few minor meltdowns. I was really proud of myself - I let him get up and do his thing at 4:30 AM both Saturday and Sunday and didn’t go check on him. He’s developing a nasty little habit of waking up to party every day around 4:30, and the only way to fix it is to ignore the party and let it wind down on its own! He managed to sleep until 6:40 both days, which is quite exciting. On Saturday I got him ready for the day and then we headed out shopping – Kohl’s and Target. He did really well and slept through the Target trip. His sleeping schedule was a little off the rest of the day, but that’s ok. We took a really long walk later in the afternoon and he slept through most of it. I showered at 3 when he went down for a nap and managed to get myself ready for my girls night right on time! Paulette and Ryan were nice enough to babysit, and they survived the dinner feeding and struggle to keep Nolan up past 6:30. I think I remember Paulette saying that she thinks it would be a good idea for them to wait a little after they’re married to have kids. Even good kids are a lot of work!

Nolan and I made it to 8:30 church yesterday. He was really good – slept through the last part of it. He is getting more and more active, though – throwing toys in the middle of the aisle, making friends with the people sitting near us, trying to rip the bulletin. I guess it makes for an entertaining hour! He had a tougher day yesterday. He’s definitely developing a bit of an attitude, and he makes it very clear if he doesn’t want something – or if he does want something! Last night I was feeding him dinner and he was getting so mad at me – to the point that he balled up his little hands in to fists, pushed them down in to the highchair and started to shake a little bit – all while his head was turning red! Apparently he’s not a fan of cauliflower! Or, it could be his second tooth coming in on the bottom. Adam and I discovered it tonight. That probably explains why he hasn't been eating very well.

Tomorrow Nolan gets 2 shots - the booster for the seasonal flu, and the H1N1. Both Adam and I will be relieved when those are out of the way. There's no guarantee the shots will completely prevent him from getting sick, but as a parent we try to do the best we can so he doesn't get sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment