Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Coming home

Today marked our first day home with Elsa.  Before leaving the hospital Adam and I had an opportunity to get our picture taken with Elsa for a newborn photo shoot for the new labor and delivery rooms at Methodist.  I signed us up not thinking we would be picked, and it worked out that Elsa was born on her due date, as the photo shoot was pre-scheduled for today! I am so glad we did it, because now we get a few copies of the pics, with Elsa being only 2 days old.

After the photo shoot we bundled her up in her car seat and headed home.  My dad was at the house watching Kale because we didn't have daycare.  Kale wore him out when he was here, playing his favorite game of hide and seek which goes like this: "Grandpa, come and find me - I'm under the bed."

I should have known Kale would be the official welcome wagon for us!  He wanted to help me carry her in the house in her car seat, and then proceeded to say "hi baby Elsa, she's so cute!".  Nolan was excited to get home from preschool, too. Adam said when he dropped Nolan off he told all his friends and teachers about his new baby sister named Elsa.  Nolan ran in the house to say hi to her right away.  He also asked to hold her, which was a first.  Usually it's Kale who wants to do that!

Oh, and one other thing - of course today was the day that we get a phone call from the school  letting us know that Nolan fell off a piece of playground equipment and knocked the wind out of himself. Thankfully he's fine-just a bruise on his left cheek.


No comments:

Post a Comment