Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

We had planned to spend Thanksgiving Day with Adam’s family at Anna’s house. However, a few of the kids either had hand foot and mouth or a fever, so we decided that the best course of action was to stay home. It’s Adam’s favorite holiday, so after he left to run our contribution to the meal over to Anna’s I called my mom. I told her about how sad Adam was to not have a real Thanksgiving dinner, and that it didn't even help when I told him at least we had each other! I think she felt so bad for us that she invited us to come up to St. Cloud to spend the day with her and dad –as she said, they were both healthy and had extra food to share! I talked to Adam and within a ½ hour we were packed and on our way. I was impressed that we could throw together the things the kids needed that quickly, especially with a new baby in the house. There’s something about food that you don’t have to cook that makes it taste better, and this traditional Thanksgiving meal was delicious. We stayed until after dinner and then headed home. Elsa did pretty good for her first car ride – quiet all the way there and only intermittent crying on the way home. We are finding out that the boys have a high tolerance for her crying, which is great. We hope that continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment