Monday, September 16, 2013

1st homework

Nolan had his first "homework" assignment. He had to find 4 objects to put in a paper bag that told something about him. I wasn't quite sure how this would go so I really pumped it up on the way home from daycare today. It worked, and he went right to it, coloring and decorating the bag. I then told him he needed to find 4 things that said something about him, but they had to all fit in the bag. The first thing we found was a toy airplane. I asked him about it and he said he likes airplanes. I told him that when he was a baby he flew on an airplane with me and dad. The next thing he found was a monster truck. I asked him about it and he said he just really likes monster trucks. The next item was a farm truck/dumpster. I asked him about it and he said he likes tractors. I explained that Grandma and Grandpa have a farm and he likes to visit it, and that he's been on tractor rides up there. The last thing he found was a motorcycle. I asked him about it and he said he really likes motorcycles. I asked him who drives a motorcycle and he said "dad!". Hopefully he'll remember the talking points, but if not I'm sure the class will clearly understand that he likes all of things he put in the bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment