Thursday, September 19, 2013

Kale's 3 year check up

Kale had his 3 year check up today. Overall he did pretty well. He weighs 31.8 lbs (51%) and is 39 inches tall (80%). He is 5 lbs less than what Nolan weighed at 3 years old, and almost 2 inches taller! We tried to do the vision test but he said he didn’t like the glasses he had to put on (one lens was covered with a piece of cardboard). He tried the hearing test, too, but only after the nurse told him he could listen for the monkey’s in his ears – and even that didn’t work all that well. The lowlight of the visit was the flu shot he needed. He freaked out and kept telling me he didn’t like to be poked. When I picked him up from daycare later that day he had drawn a picture of his “pokes”. So sad!

Later that day I picked up Nolan at preschool. When we got in the car he let me know that he cried at school. I asked him why and he said it was because he missed me and his dad. I felt so bad for him. I asked him when he cried and he said at reading time. I asked him who helped him and talked to him about it and he said his teacher. We talked about how it’s okay to miss us and he seemed fine after that. I feel pretty lucky that he’s willing to share his feelings with us. It’s so hard to know what goes on when you don’t get a daily report, like at daycare!


No comments:

Post a Comment