Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday school for two

Before Kale's birthday party on Saturday, Adam took Kale to Sunday school orientation at church. Kale was the only kid there, so he got lots of one on one attention. Adam said the highlight was when Kale prepared a pretend lunch for him and the coordinator, and then made them all say the dinner prayer before they could eat it! Adam found out that there were only 2 other 3 year olds signed up for Sunday school, so Kale would be in a combined class with Nolan. This made both of us feel better about how Kale would react to it!

Needless to say I was a bit taken back on Sunday when I took them to their classroom that Kale wouldn't let go of me and didn't want to stay. This is what Adam and I worried about with Nolan last year, and he took the change with no problems at all. It got to the point that I was going to have to take him back to church with me, when the coordinator came in and Kale saw her. She went over to him and said she would stay until he was more comfortable. I think seeing her familiar face from the day before made all the difference, and I snuck out and he did fine the rest of the class. He even told us they watched a video about God and Jesus, and that Adam and Eve ate an apple. Nolan clarified for us that it was a dirty apple. Hopefully next week will go a little smoother. I also hope that this isn't a sign of things to come when we need to introduce Kale to new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment