Thursday, September 5, 2013

First day of preschool

Nolan had his first day of preschool today. It was very strange sending him on his way. I made Adam do the drop off because I wasn't sure what my reaction would be, and how it might affect Nolan - especially since he didn't have the most positive reaction at the open house last week! We decided not to send him to Adventure Club this morning, so we enjoyed a nice breakfast. We also managed to get the obligatory first day of school pics. I took Kale to daycare and Adam stayed home with Nolan until it was time to go. Before Kale and I left, Kale made sure to remind Nolan not to forget his hot lunch, and that his locker is a blue circle! They gave each other a hug before we left and Kale told him good luck. Adam said drop off went well, and that Nolan hopped in line with the other kids with no problem. There was a little boy who was crying and Adam wasn't sure how Nolan would react. There was no reaction, which was good, and the teacher went over to the boy and gave him a big hug, explained how much they were going to have and they went on their way. No tears from anyone - what a great start to the school year!

We thought things were going fine, until Adam and I each got a few messages from the preschool teacher. Apparantly there was some confusion and the school thought we were picking up Nolan after preschool, when in fact he needed to be sent to Adventure Club. Adam was the first to get a hold of the teacher, and she explained that the report Adventure Club had was missing his name, but they figured out where he needed to be and he was at lunch. That was the only time I got teary eyed, which isn't so bad. We found out from Nolan after school that he didn't get the hot lunch, but a sandwhich instead. He seemed okay with it, though, when he told me that he got chocolate milk from a box, and that he opened it all by himself! The rest of Nolan's report when I picked him up from Adventure Club was interesting. The first thing he told me is that he cried at rest time because he didn't have his blanket. I told him we could talk about it with dad, but that we didn't want him to bring his blanket with him. His response was, "the teacher told me I could". I asked if he made any new friends and he told us the names of 2 of the boys. He also told me that one of the boys he goes to daycare with saw him in the lunchroom and stopped to say hi to him. He was so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment