Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Superman

At preschool pick up today, Nolan once again told me that he had been crying on the playground. I asked him why and he said it was because he missed me and his dad again. I asked one of the assistants about it and she said he told her he was sad because he didn't know who was picking him up. I asked him if he was crying more than normal and she said no, and told me what a nice boy he is. It's not fun to hear about your kid missing you during the day, but it makes it a little better knowing he is making a good impression with the school! Adam and I agreed we need to do a better job of telling Nolan who is picking him up every day. We'll see how the next few weeks go, and if we have to put a picture reminder in his backpack we will!

After I picked up Nolan we went to pick up Kale at daycare. I had to park on the street, and as Kale and I were walking back up to the mini van he stopped to talk to Nolan on the curb side of the road. I told him to wait for me and we could walk around the van together, but instead he bolted in front of me, looked down the street, saw a bright yellow truck and decided to put his hand out in a super hero move, like he was going to stop the truck. I forgot to mention he was wearing his new superman shirt. I got after him and got him in to the van. The man in the yellow truck slowed down and said "he must really think he's superman". How embarassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment