Friday, September 20, 2013

The sleepover that wasn't meant to be

Kale and Nolan were so excited for their daycare sleepover tonight. I was excited, too, because Adam’s been gone all week and I was looking forward to a much needed break to run errands and relax, kid free. That all changed at 8:45 pm, when I got the call that Nolan had gotten sick. I picked him about 10 minutes later. Kale greeted me at the door and told me that he wasn’t ready to go yet – whew! I told him he could stay and Nolan was coming home with me. I told Jane this was the first time Nolan has ever been sick, and she said he had no idea what to do. As soon as it started he started yelling “I need to go home to my mom!”. Poor kid. Luckily he didn’t get sick anymore that night, and the two of us had a nice sleepover together at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment